Scooter and bike share brand Bird recently introduced their all-new commuter-friendly electric Bird Bike at Eurobike and it’s now available online. For years, Bird’s mission has been to create a more livable future by reducing car trips, traffic, and carbon emissions. And now, in addition to their scooter and bike shares, they’re bringing an ebike to the masses. The creators looked at the best parts of ebikes, commuter bikes, and mountain bikes when building the Bird Bike, which led to a bike that can handle the gnarliest of commutes with ease.
Why we’re loving the new Bird Bike:
- Gates Carbon Belt Drive instead of a chain, making for easy shifting and no chance of grease marks on your white walls and carpet. Minimal maintenance—ahem, no need to lube your chain!—required.
- Easy to use manual throttle for instant e-boost
- Fully integrated backlit handlebar dash display showing speed and battery life
- 500w motor to get you up that tough hill on the way to the office, 36v / 12.8Ah Removable Battery — up to 50 miles of assisted pedaling on one charge
- Modern, funky frame aesthetic: This bike stands out in a crowd!
- Full fenders so you can ride in any weather condition
- Integrated front and rear lights
- Two frame options: A-frame, which is road-bike inspired and only recommended for riders 5’8″ and up, or the V-frame, a step-through with a mountain bike/hybrid bike vibe that’s designed for riders from 5’0″ to 5’10”.
You can scope them out (and place an order) on Bird’s website—or check Bird.co to see if there’s a Bird Bike Share anywhere near you if you want to test one out. They just introduced a fleet in San Diego and it’s certain that they’ll be popping up all over in coming months!
Getting a Bird Bike? Make sure you insure it: Simple Bike Insurance can help insure every ebike in your fleet, and Bird is one of our favorites. Get a quick quote on insurance today and protect your investment!